1. THE PUBLIC GOOD: The Trust is a Registered Charity (nr.1174239) for the advancement of education in horticulture and conservation.
It fufills these goals in a number of ways including but not restricted to:
● Training/skill enhancement for young unemployed.
● Weekly sessions for adults with learning difficulties via Wiltshire Council under supervision.
● Projects/information for local conservation and wildlife, and publishing articles.
● Library access for scholars & researchers.
●Relaxation visits for residents (with their professional carers) of nursing & retirement homes.
●Residential placements for European students for 2 to 6 weeks to interact with the local community, learn skills, enhance international friendship, and improve their understanding of Britain.
● Making our extensive library available to students.
2. PRIVATE GROUP VISITS by prior appointment: (June/July) day-times or evenings. Tea and biscuits. Personalised introduction. Garden map.
School and College groups are also welcome. Or projects by College or University Departments.
For full details please go to Bookings page
NOTE: All programmes/courses take place at different times/ days and do not overlap or mix in any way.
3. STUDY PLACEMENTS (Free) Enable persons age 18-28 to get work experience/gain skills in :
Separate programmes have been created for each of the above. Day or half day weekly, or part time.
Tuition is given. No previous experience required. Tools & gloves & refreshments provided.
4. FOREIGN STUDENT PLACES:
(Free) These are residential placements for individuals age 18-27. Via the "Workaway" international friendship & volunteering network. They stay for 2 to 6 weeks studying and helping out and connecting with the local community. We have had many volunteers from : Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, USA, South Korea.The scheme has proved popular with students across Europe and with the local community. We have students from the E.U. booked until 31st. March 2020.
5. GERMAN SCHOOL LINK: This year (2019) sees the first association with a School in Europe. We have a student from a school in Berlin for 10 weeks. We look forward to links with other schools in Germany.
6. UNEMPLOYED FACILITIES: (Free) Special programmes for age 18-28 offers: learning skills; cv improving; interview techniques; confidence building; general education.
The atmosphere is non-formal and supportive. No previous experience or qualifications are required.
To apply for any of these opportunities simply send brief details of yourself to:
(NB: Only enquiries directly about the work of the Trust are accepted)
EXPLORE: Further information about my free educational opportunities and how to apply by clicking clicking here >>>>Studies
7. ADULTS WITH LEARNING DIFFICULTIES: (Free) In association with Wiltshire County Council, tye trust is prepared to provide voluntary learning placements (umder supervision) to gain skills and build their confidence.
Young Offenders: the Trust has previously provided placements under statutory supervision. ______________________
8. WORKSHOPS on wildlife, conservation, environmental studies, habitats, and other subjects will be held at various times throughout the summer months. _____________________
9. COMMUNITY PROJECTS : A variety of communuty projects. For example:
Wildlife audits; Talks on wildlife, gardening, conservation, and environment; Open days for local villages; Walks; Wildlife trails; Butterfly Watch; Birdwatch; Meditation; Garden spirituality; Art classes; Local environmental studies; Apiary; Garden sacred spaces.
10. ELDERLY SUPERVISED VISITS: (Free) We welcome group visits to the garden by small groups, with their carers, from retirement homes.
VOLUNTEERS to help in any aspect of the garden. No expertise or experience required. Tools and refreshments provided.
Volunteering is also a C.V., improvement tool: many employers look for such experience in prospective employees. It is also a good way to broaden one's life horizons and develop new skills.
EXPLORE: For further information about my Workshops, and Community Projects; and also my Society of Friends please click here >>>Community Projects